Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

Trix Treats




Cherry Trix Treat


Again, another cereal My kids don't eat.
I have never been one for sweet cereals.
I always chose Raisin Bran, Plain Cheerios, or Granola even as a small kid.
So, when I bought Trix instead of Fruit Loops, I did not know I made a big mistake.
Apparently, they are not  (i repeat NOT) interchangeable!
OK, so the recipe....

1/3 c. Corn Syrup
2 tsp. butter
1 (3 oz.) pkg. Jello, any flavor (I used Cherry as that is what I had on hand)
4 c. Trix cereal

1. Grease an 8" pan with butter.

2. Mix syrup, butter and Jello in a small-medium sauce pan over high heat.
 

3. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
4. Pour over cereal in separate bowl & Stir until well-coated.

5. Quickly, spread into 8''-square greased pan and place in refrigerator for a minimum of 2-hours to allow to set properly.

6.  Cut into squares when cool.

***Mom note***: These were sweet and sticky. My baby was completely a mess after eating a small piece. Yuck! My 3-year old said he loved them although he didst eat his whole piece. So my verdict, worth a shot, but not that great. Maybe try a less sweet flavor and make sure to boil for a minute instead of when it 1st comes to a boil.

2 comments:

April said...

TRY THESE WITH MARSHMALLOW INSTEAD: Think Rice crispy treat only with the trix ( or whatever you have on hand ) instead. They arent as sweet ( we did try this version ) and hold together much better. Very yummy!

Tara said...

I didn't want another recipe with Marshmallows. We always have Rice Krispie Treats on hand and a day or 2 before I made the S'Mores Treats so I didn't want another Marshmallow based snack.

Post a Comment